Use this email template to thank the new fundraisers who have signed up to support you in a major community event.
- Send this email as soon as possible after the person creates their everydayhero fundraising page.
- Consider phoning them for a personal touch, if you can.
- Use and customize this email template to suit your needs.
People who have recently created an online fundraising page for your cause.
Thanks for supporting [Nonprofit] in [EventName]
Email body copy
Thank you for choosing to support [Nonprofit] in [EventName] this year. Your support is very much appreciated and the money you will raise will go towards helping us ensure [Details on how funds will be used].
Every dollar you raise makes a real difference, so make sure you email and share the link to your everydayhero fundraising page to your friends, family and colleagues and ask them to support you in your efforts.
Here are some simple tips to help you get started.
- Personalize your fundraising page with a profile photo, post a YouTube video and explain why you are passionate about raising money for [Nonprofit].
- Set an achievable target that isn’t too low. Raising even [DollarAmount] will allow us to [what the money will achieve].
- Know how much to ask your friends and family to give. A donation of as little as [DollarAmount] will allow us to [what the money will achieve].
- Email your family and closest friends first, then your other acquaintances and colleagues.
- Share your page link on Facebook, Twitter and your other social networks.
Thank you so much for making a difference and good luck.
The team at [Nonprofit]
everydayhero has plenty of other resources to help you recruit fundraisers in major community events. They include email templates, guides and examples.